Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Low Water Use
- Prefers Dry Soils
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Accent Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Mass Planting
- Wildlife Habitat
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Butterfly Milkweed is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
GAY BUTTERFLIES BUTTERFLY MILKWEED
Buy 'Gay Butterflies' online. Gay Butterflies produce a long blooming mix of colors including orange, red and yellow. Grows well in dry and warm conditions.
Common Name: Butterfly Milkweed
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 1 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(0 units available now)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Grown in Root Pouch®.