Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
SUN KING GOLDEN JAPANESE ARALIA
Aralia cordata 'Sun King'
Buy Sun King Golden Japanese Aralia online. 'Sun King' is a beautiful herbaceous perennial that has golden yellow leaves that are supported by reddish brown stems. It offers a nice broadleafed texture to shady to partial sun landscapes. At least 4 hours of sun is required to maintain color, but if sun exposure is during the heat of the day, some scorching can occur. During summer, tiny white flowers are produced that are a great attractant for bees, and these flowers are followed by dark purple to black berries that are inedible.
Hardiness Zone: 3-9 · Mature Height: 3-4 Feet · Mature Spread: 3-4 Feet
Purchase SUN KING GOLDEN JAPANESE ARALIA Online:
Eco gallon Potted
(26 units available now - S) -
List Price $25.00 In Stock
Family: Araliaceae · Common Name: Spikenard
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
SUN KING GOLDEN JAPANESE ARALIA Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
|•||Cuttings or Divisions|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States|
|•||Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for SUN KING GOLDEN JAPANESE ARALIA
SUN KING GOLDEN JAPANESE ARALIA Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Aralia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best possible start, we send a free packet of slow release fertilizer to include when planting.