Image Courtesy of Spring Meadow Nursery
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Salt Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
- Wildlife Habitat
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Althea is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Overwinter indoors or in a greenhouse. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
PARAPLU ROUGE™ ALTHEA
PPAF CBRAF Plant propagation prohibited
AKA: Paraplu Rouge™ Rose of Sharon
Buy Paraplu Rouge™ Althea online. Thus far, there have been no true red-flowering roses of Sharon, but this plant is the darkest, reddish-pink on the market currently. Whether you call it rouge or horticulture red, this large-flowered single is a standout plant.
Common Name: Althea / Rose of Sharon / Hardy Hibiscus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(1 units available now - S)
(18 units for review on 4/1/22)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(2 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart