- Pennsylvania Gold Medal Award Winners
- Proven Winners
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Weigela is easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Use the Right Soil
This variety of Weigela needs soil that is both extremely fertile and well drained. If you are planting your "Wine and Roses" Weigela in heavy or loamy soil you need to monitor its moisture content. You need to avoid water logging these soils, as it can lead to root and step rot.
When Full Sun is the Best
While the "Wine and Roses" Weigela can be grown in both partial shade and full sun, it is best to grow your Weigela in full sun in the northern areas. Morning sun afternoon shade is required for southern areas. This will encourage the plant to produce leaves and flowers with more vibrant colors, which will in turn be more effective for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds.
WINE & ROSES® WEIGELA
PP10772 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Wine & Roses® Weigela online. One of those fantastic plants that every garden must have. The dark burgundy-purple foliage along with intense rosy pink colored flowers has made this plant win several awards. The tubular flowers attract Hummingbirds and cut branches can be used in flower arrangements. This plant has a wide range of uses. It's an excellent choice for the mixed shrub / perennial border. Use it in combination with blue flowered plants like Perovskia or Caryopteris, or with yellow flowered plants like Coreopsis and Black Eyed Susan. When used in large masses the color impact is very impressive.
Common Name: Weigela
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(2917 units available now - SG)
Add to Cart
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(201 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(250 units available now - SR)
Add to Cart