- Pennsylvania Gold Medal Award Winners
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Border Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Viburnum is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
This cold hardy viburnum can be traced to Dupont's Winterthur Gardens in Deleware.
Use Brandy Wine as a pollinator for Winterthur
Viburnums produce the most berries when a pollinator is planted in close proximity. The pollinator should be of the same species example(dentatum) but of a different variety. Bloom times should also match for best berry set. Click the previous and next plant button at the top of this page to see plants of this species.
Buy Winterthur Viburnum online. Clusters of tiny creamy white flowers in June thru July. Followed by fruit clusters ranging from pink-red to blue black. a striking dense, and compact shrub, this is an improved V. nudum selection with shiny and waxy foliage that turns reddish purple in the fall.
Common Name: Viburnum
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
(17 units for review on 5/15/21)
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(300 units available now - R)
Add to Cart
7 gallon Potted
(6.08 gallons / 23.03 liters)
(20 units available now - R)
Add to Cart