Image Courtesy of Spring Meadow Nursery
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Dwarf/Small Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Border Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Weigela is easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
VERY FINE WINE® WEIGELA
PPAF CBRAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Very Fine Wine® Weigela online. Like a fine wine this Weigela has good body! Its habit is tight and upright, and will not split in the middle. Its foliage color is similar to that of a fine wine as well - a nice,dark burgundy. This shrub has wonderful presence in a container and the perennial border. The pink flowers are extremely vibrant when set against the dark burgundy foliage and with slight shearing will re-bloom through out the summer. This improved variety maintains superior hardiness with the panache of darker foliage and better flowering than Fine Wine® weigela.
Common Name: Weigela
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)