Image courtesy of Greenleaf Nursery
- Pennsylvania Gold Medal Award Winners
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Wildlife Habitat
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Clethra is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
Buy Hummingbird Summersweet online. A dwarf form of a trouble-free, attractive native shrub. Fragrant, long-lasting, white flowers are produced in July and August. Shiny dark green foliage on compact upright plants turns yellow to golden brown in fall. An excellent summer shrub that does well in shade and wet areas.
Common Name: Summersweet
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(6 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(5 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart