- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Border Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Viburnum is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Viburnums produce the most berries when a pollinator is planted in close proximity. The pollinator should be of the same species example(dentatum) but of a different variety. Bloom times should also match for best berry set. Click the previous and next plant button at the top of this page to see plants of this species.
RED BALLOON® VIBURNUM
PP24227 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Red Balloon® Viburnum online. Showy, and it's also easy to grow. This compact, well-branched hybrid has loads of bright red fruit, tightly packed into show clusters in late summer and fall. White flowers appear in April and May. This cross between V. lantana and V.rhytidiphyllum has a rounded upright habit. Fruiting is enhanced by planting it near V. 'Mohican' or V. rhytidophylloides 'Alleghany'.
Common Name: Viburnum
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)