- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Dwarf/Small Growing
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Border Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Viburnum is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Viburnums produce the most berries when a pollinator is planted in close proximity. The pollinator should be of the same species example(dentatum) but of a different variety. Bloom times should also match for best berry set.
Click the previous and next plant button at the top of this page to see plants of this species.
LIL' DITTY® WITHEROD VIBURNUM
PP27549 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Lil' Ditty® Witherod Viburnum online. Dwarf viburnum with fragrant flowers.An exceptional new dwarf viburnum that is a puffball of creamy-white, fragrant flowers in late spring. It's closely related to V. nudum, which can be used as a pollinator to give Lil' Ditty® a crop of showy fruit that starts green then turns to pink, then red, then blue. The fruit eventually turns black and remains on the plant to provide winter interest and an early spring diet for songbirds. An adaptable, easy-to-grow landscape shrub.
Common Name: Viburnum
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
(16 units for review on 9/15/20)
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(3 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart