- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Salt Tolerant
- Drought Tolerant
- Cuttings or Divisions
- Tissue Culture
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Winter Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Shade in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Accent Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Helleborus is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Helleborus prefer rich, moist soil with good drainage, part to full shade and can be grown in virtually every state in the United States.
ROYAL HERITAGE LENTEN ROSE
Buy Royal Heritage Lenten Rose online. Is a strain of hybrids developed over many years by the noted plantsman, John Elsley. They have long-lasting, cup-shaped flowers in a range of colors that includes shades of purple, pink, green, white, and near black, all with a contrasting center of yellow stamens. Bloom begins in winter or very early spring and continues for several weeks. Foliage is a leathery dark green that persists well into winter. Introduced by Briggs Nursery and featured as our 1999 Plant of the Year.
Common Name: Lenton Rose / Hellebore
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Root Pouch 1 gallon
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(18 units available now - S)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart