Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tissue Culture
- Cuttings or Divisions
Season of Interest*
- Winter Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Prefers Full Shade in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Understory Planting
- Accent Plant
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Helleborus is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Helleborus prefer rich, moist soil with good drainage, part to full shade and can be grown in virtually every state in the United States.
ROYAL HERITAGE LENTEN ROSE
Buy Royal Heritage Lenten Rose online. Is a strain of hybrids developed over many years by the noted plantsman, John Elsley. They have long-lasting, cup-shaped flowers in a range of colors that includes shades of purple, pink, green, white, and near black, all with a contrasting center of yellow stamens. Bloom begins in winter or very early spring and continues for several weeks. Foliage is a leathery dark green that persists well into winter. Introduced by Briggs Nursery and featured as our 1999 Plant of the Year.
Common Name: Lenton Rose / Hellebore
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
Root Pouch 1 gallon
(1.0 gallons / 3.8 liters)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.