- Fleming Filligree Hibiscus
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Light Yellow
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Althea is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
The Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus is the work of three brothers from Lincoln, Nebraska. 50 years of hybridizing has brought us this fantastic array of beautiful yet hardy (to -30 degrees) group of perennials.
For more info on Fleming Hybrid Plants click here
OLD YELLA FLEMING™ HARDY HIBISCUS
Hibiscus x moscheutos
PP13630 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Old Yella Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus online. 'Old Yella' is a beautiful hardy hibiscus that features creamy yellow buds that open to 12" luminescent creamy white-colored flowers. Leaves are ovate and not cut as deeply as some of the other hibiscus in the Fleming series. The unique flower color will add accent to any garden. As of writing this description, there are only two hardy hibiscus that are called yellow, but this is somewhat of a misnomer as they are much more creamy white in color than they are a true yellow.
Common Name: Althea / Rose of Sharon / Hardy Hibiscus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
**HARDY HIBISCUS CANNOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL AFTER JUNE 1ST TO GUARANTEE THEY ARE BREAKING DORMANCY**