Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
STEADY AS SHE GOES® GARDENIA
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 7-10 · Mature Height: 3-5 Feet · Mature Spread: 4-7 Feet
Buy Steady As She Goes® Gardenia online. There have been a lot of Gardenia introductions, but none have combined the heat tolerance, continuous blooming, and cold hardiness found in this introduction from Phil Dark. An improvement over the hardy 'Chuck Hayes,' its fully doubles flowers do not abort in the heat of summer, but just keep coming right up until frost. Well-branched, compact habit, and flossy dark evergreen foliage.
Family: Rubiaceae · Common Name: Gardenia
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
STEADY AS SHE GOES® GARDENIA Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Leaf Color Winter*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Cuttings or Divisions|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for STEADY AS SHE GOES® GARDENIA
STEADY AS SHE GOES® GARDENIA Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Gardenia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Protect from freeze and frost during the winter months. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.