Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
CHICAGO HARDY FIG
Ficus carica 'Chicago Hardy'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 6-10 · Mature Height: 10-20 Feet · Mature Spread: 12-22 Feet
Buy Chicago Hardy Fig online. 'Chicago Hardy' is one of the most cold-resistant figs on the market. Though it may die back to the ground in the colder ends of its range, it resprouts from the roots and will still bear sweet edible figs in autumn. Can grow in warmer parts of USDA zone 5 in protected sites. Mulch well for best results
Family: Moraceae · Common Name: Fig
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
CHICAGO HARDY FIG Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Moderate Resistance|
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
0 review(s) for CHICAGO HARDY FIG
CHICAGO HARDY FIG Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Ficus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.