Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Ferns prefer shade and moist well draining soil. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Ferns have shown resistance to deer foraging, which makes them a good choice for shade gardens.
SILVER FALLS FERN
Athyrium niponicum var. pictum
PP12803 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Silver Falls Fern online. Unlike any other painted fern, this one intensifies its silvering as the season progresses. Silver Falls delicate and lustrous fronds that shimmer with contrasting red veins. Later to appear in the spring than the other Japanese painted ferns.
Common Name: Fern
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(1 units available now - S)
(3 units for review on 9/24/21)
Add to Cart