Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
REGAL RED JAPANESE PAINTED FERN
Athyrium niponicum 'Regal Red'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 4-9 · Mature Height: 18-24 Inches · Mature Spread: 18-24 Inches
Buy Regal Red Japanese Painted Fern online. Regal Red Japanese Painted Fern features stunning deep reddish-purple leaves that slowly fade to silvery-green margins. Larger growing that some of the other Japanese Painted Ferns, it can give a very effective amount of movement and texture in the shady landscape.
Family: Athyriaceae · Common Name: Fern
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
REGAL RED JAPANESE PAINTED FERN Plant Characteristics
|Leaf Spot - High Resistance
|Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
|Root Rot - High Resistance
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
|Adapts Well to Wet Areas
|Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
|Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
|Cuttings or Divisions
|Near Water Gardens or Ponds
|Under Power Lines
0 review(s) for REGAL RED JAPANESE PAINTED FERN
REGAL RED JAPANESE PAINTED FERN Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Ferns prefer shade and moist well draining soil. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About REGAL RED JAPANESE PAINTED FERN
Ferns have shown resistance to deer foraging, which makes them a good choice for shade gardens.