Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
PURPLE FOUNTAIN BEECH
Fagus sylvatica 'Purple Fountain'
Root Pouch 5 gallon - 4-5 ft tall
(2 units available now - S)
(1 additional units for review on 9/1/22) -
Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $160.00 In Stock
Hardiness Zone: 4-7 · Mature Height: 25-30 Feet · Mature Spread: 12-15 Feet
Buy Purple Fountain Beech online. This unique European beech is an excellent specimen tree, especially in tight spaces or paired in larger plantings. This tree has it all! A narrow, columnar shape, pendulous weeping branches, and dark purple foliage create an unbeatable combination. Smooth gray bark has a unique appearance, too. Leaves are glossy burgundy in spring, dark green in summer, and copper colored in fall.
Family: Fagaceae · Common Name: Beech
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
PURPLE FOUNTAIN BEECH Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
0 review(s) for PURPLE FOUNTAIN BEECH
PURPLE FOUNTAIN BEECH Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Fagus is somewhat easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. It strongly dislikes heat and long periods of sun exposure. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.