Courtesy of Bailey Nurseries
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Understory Planting
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Cornus is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
Buy Cayenne™ Dogwood online. Cayenne™ Dogwood is a true stand out cultivar because the bright red stems shine all winter, even in the south. Its fresh green foliage looks good all summer and it sports porcelain blue berries in late summer. Plants spread by suckers and have good orange-red fall color. It has been found to be Japaneese beetle resistant in Georgia. Disease resistant. Like its cousins, Cayenne™ is well-suited to moist areas and is good in shrub borders, massed in moist areas and for wetland mitigation.
Common Name: Dogwood
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(1 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(9 units available now - S)
Add to Cart