Image used with permission from Bailey Nurseries
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Prostrate Growing/Groundcover
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
- Red/Brilliant Red
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Sound Barrier
- Rock Gardens
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Distylium is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Distylium is a good alternative for boxwood, cherry laurel, holly and juniper in foundation plantings or anywhere you want low maintenance evergreen shrubs.
SWING LOW™ DISTYLIUM
PP29779 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Swing Low™ Distylium online. Swing Low™ is a perfect evergreen for grouping and massing. After five years in trials, it remains more compact and prostrate than Cinnamon Girl™ with dainty blue-green leaves densely arranged on horizontal branches. Like all First Editions® Distylium, Swing Low™ is an adaptable plant growing well in dry soil, wet soil, seasonally flooded areas and slopes. It's also heat tolerant. We selected this plant in summer 2016 after the hottest Georgia summer on record. It adapts well to pruning when needed, and is disease and insect resistant.
Common Name: Distylium
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)