Image used with permission from Bailey Nurseries
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
- Red/Brilliant Red
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Understory Planting
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Sound Barrier
- Rock Gardens
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Distylium is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Distylium is a good alternative for boxwood, cherry laurel, holly and juniper in foundation plantings or anywhere you want low maintenance evergreen shrubs.
PP25984 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Linebacker™ Distylium online. This upright, rounded evergreen takes on the shape of a white oak whiskey barrel in youth and matures into an excellent screening and hedge plant. Reddish new growth matures to a lustrous dark green. A member of the witch hazel family, petite red flowers appear in the winter. This adaptable plant grows in full sun or part shade, tolerates drought, heat and wet soil. It also displays exceptional resistance to disease and insects.
Common Name: Distylium
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)