- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Large Growing
- Upright Growing
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Birds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Wind/Dust Break
- Mass Planting
- Sound Barrier
- Landscape Specimen
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Kentucky Coffeetree is easy to grow, adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your tree the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
A vert desirable although not so common very large shade tree.Photos Courtesy of OSU Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture and Sooner Plant Farm.
Order now, supplies are limited. You will not be billed until tree is shipped.
Buy Kentucky Coffeetree online. The bark of Kentucky Coffeetree is dark brown, characteristically roughened with ridges. Leaf color is pinkish to purple tinged gradually changing to dark green, almost dark bluish green in summer changing to yellow in fall. Seed pods persist throughout the winter and make an interesting silhouette against the sky.
Common Name: Coffeetree
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(3-4 ft tall)
(233 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
10 gallon Potted
(9.5 gallons / 35 liters)
(6-8 ft tall)
(0 units available now)
pick up only