Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Dwarf/Small Growing
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Low Water Use
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Dry Soils
- Salt Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Border Plant
- Cut Flowers
- Rain Garden
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Easy to grow plant that adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
SAPPHIRE SURF™ BLUEBEARD
Buy First Editions® Sapphire Surf™ Bluebeard online. Sapphire Surf™ has a stunning amount of deep blue flowers in your yard! This compact, low-maintenance shrub produces abundant flowers from top to bottom. It is a excellent garden specimen from late summer through early fall. Its sweet blue blooms are a butterfly magnet, and make excellent cut flowers. Sapphire Surf™ is also deer resistant and drought tolerant. It makes a great border or accent plant.
Common Name: Bluebeard / False Spiraea
Caryopteris is covered by our Arrival Only Guarantee only as they are prone to root rot due to overwatering and poorly draining soils.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.06 gallons / 11.6 liters)
(7 units available now - S)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart