Photo courtesy of Greenleaf Nursery
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
Preferred Planting Season*
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Berberis is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
PP23747 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Daybreak® Barberry online. Daybreak® Barberry is a variety of barberry that sports bright yellow tight growing foliage. The new growth is an orange to reddish color, turning bright gold as it matures. The smaller, more compact growth habit lends itself to use in foundation plantings and lower growing accents.
Common Name: Barberry
BERBERIS SPECIES CANNOT BE SHIPPED INTO NY
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(18 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(0 units available now)
(3 units for review on 9/1/21)
Grown in Root Pouch®.