Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Hummingbirds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Fall Flowering
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Azalea is easy to grow, and adapt to most conditions.Prefers slightly acidic well drained soils. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
After the spring blooming period, these amazing azaleas begin growing new shoots and start blooming into full flower in mid-summer. The Encore® Series are known for their richness of color as well as the foliage and overall vigor
AUTUMN AMETHYST™ ENCORE® AZALEA
Rhododendron azalea x
PP10567 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Autumn Amethyst™ Encore® Azalea online. With its dark lavender blooms, lustrous green summer foliage and attractive purple winter foliage, Autumn Amethyst offers vibrant year-round color to any garden. Preliminary university trials have shown it to be one of the most cold hardy varieties of the Encore Azalea line.
Common Name: Rhododendron / Azalea
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(7 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(8 units available now - S)
Add to Cart