Image Courtesy of Greenleaf Nursery
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Light Pink
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Salt Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
- Wildlife Habitat
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Hardy Hibiscus is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Remove dead canes in early spring to avoid root rot during the winter. One of the last plants to break dormancy in spring, and can stay dormant into early summer. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
SMOOTHIE™ FUSION ALTHEA
PP26551/26662/27196 Plant propagation prohibited
AKA: Smoothie™ Fusion Rose of Sharon
Buy Smoothie™ Fusion Althea online. Beautiful double blueberry, raspberry, and peppermint flowers bloom summer through fall on this unique, upright growing shrub. Will reach 8 feet tall and 4 feet wide. Tolerant to drought. Makes an excellent accent plant.
Common Name: Althea / Rose of Sharon / Hardy Hibiscus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(190 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(10 units available now - G)
Add to Cart