Courtesy of Spring Meadow Nursery
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
Leaf Color Winter*
- Purple/Dark Purple
- Dark Green
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Cut Flowers
- Privacy/Hedge/Living Fence
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Abelia is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Abelia can be evergreen in warmer climates.
SWEET EMOTION™ FRAGRANT ABELIA
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Sweet Emotion™ Fragrant Abelia online. Sweet Emotion™ Fragrant Abelia is not your typical Abelia! This super hardy abelia has rich fragrance and darker, reddish-pink flower buds, making this shrub a knockout landscape plant for the North and the South. The spicy sweet blooms adorn this plant from late May to early June. The glossy summer foliage turns an attractive orange-red in autumn.
Family: Caprifoliaceae (Linnaeaceae)
Common Name: Abelia
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(23 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.06 gallons / 11.6 liters)
(12 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart