Image courtesy of North Creek Nursery
- Pennsylvania Gold Medal Award Winners
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Baptisia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Discovered by Rob Gardener of the North Carolina Botanical Gardens and introduced by Niche Gardens of Chapel Hill, NC.
****For more info about this species and it's uses click here.****
PURPLE SMOKE WILD INDIGO
Buy Purple Smoke Wild Indigo online. A chance hybrid of B. australis and B. alba, 'Purple Smoke' has charcoal-gray stems of alba and the blue color from australis, although it is more purple than B. australis. It is a good and vigorous grower and destined to be very much treasured.
Common Name: Wild Indigo / False Indigo
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(1 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 1 gallon
(1.0 gallons / 3.8 liters)
(9 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart