- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
- Mass Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Lagerstroemia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
For more info about this species and it's uses click here.
BURGUNDY COTTON® CRAPEMYRTLE
PP14438 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Burgundy Cotton® Crapemyrtle online. White flowers with yellow stamens, but pinkish under cool conditions. New growth is wine, then wine/green when . Broad, upright growth, reaching 5 feet or more in one growing season. Mature height may reach 12 feet. High mildew resistance. Flowers early July and continues until first frost. Showy burgundy flower buds.Can be grown as a bush or multi-stem tree.An introduction from Dr.Carl Whitcomb of Stillwater, Oklahoma.
Common Name: Crapemyrtle
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 5 gallon
(4.22 gallons / 16 liters)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
7 gallon Potted
(6.08 gallons / 23.03 liters)
(0 units available now)
15 gallon Potted
(12.7 gallons / 48 liters)
(40 units available now - R)
pick up only
Add to Cart