Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Attracts Birds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Border Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Viburnum is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Viburnums produce the most berries when a pollinator is planted in close proximity. The pollinator should be of the same species example(dentatum) but of a different variety. Bloom times should also match for best berry set. Click the previous and next plant button at the top of this page to see plants of this species.
Buy Shasta Viburnum online. Abundant large lace-cap flowers with large sterile, marginal florets cover the plant in spring. Bright red fruit and purple-maroon autumn leaf coloration add to its appeal. This plant has a strongly horizontal growth habit, making it an excellent plant for softening the corners of buildings in the landscape.
Common Name: Viburnum
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(10 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(0 units available now)
(5 units for review on 4/15/21)
Grown in Root Pouch®.