Courtesy of Spring Meadow Nursery
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
- Red/Brilliant Red
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates High pH (Alkaline Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Tolerates Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Berberis is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
SUNJOY® SYRAH BARBERRY
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Sunjoy® Syrah Barberry online. Paint it black! This new barberry shines with its black-purple foliage and provides low-maintenance, season-long color to gardens. Its upright habit is good for hedging. This is an excellent, uniform cultivar.
Common Name: Barberry
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(6 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(3 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.06 gallons / 11.6 liters)
(5 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart