Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
SUGAR SHACK® BUTTONBUSH
PP26543 Plant propagation prohibited
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(0 units available now)
(4 additional units for review on 9/1/22) -
Grown in Root Pouch®.
List Price $80.00
3 gallon Potted
(0 units available now) -
List Price $80.00
Hardiness Zone: 4-10 · Mature Height: 4-5 Feet · Mature Spread: 4-5 Feet
Buy Sugar Shack® Buttonbush online. Sugar Shack® Buttonbush has long been prized as a native, but it was way too big for most landscapes. Not anymore! We've cut the size in half and added colorful red fruit and glossy foliage. Add in cool looking, fragrant white flowers and you've got a delightful plant that shines from spring to fall.
Family: Rubiaceae · Common Name: Buttonbush
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
SUGAR SHACK® BUTTONBUSH Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
|•||Under Power Lines|
1 review(s) for SUGAR SHACK® BUTTONBUSH
SUGAR SHACK® BUTTONBUSH Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Cephalanthus is easy to grow and adapts to most soil conditions. Fertilize once a year with slow release fertilizer.