Courtesy of Walters Gardens
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Understory Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Border Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Hosta is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Nothing to display.
AMERICAN HERO HOSTA
PP23587 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy American Hero Hosta online. 'American Hero' shows off stiff, upright variegated twisted leaves with wide dark green margins and creamy centers speckled with green. Mounds 12 inches tall and 24 inches wide. Midsummer has lavender flowers on short spikes lasting 3 to 4 weeks.
Common Name: Hosta / Plantain Lily
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)