Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
AFRICAN NIGHT PINEAPPLE LILY
PP31155 Plant propagation prohibited
Eco gallon Potted
(4 units - S) Available Now - Details -
List Price $25.00 In Stock
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 6-9 · Mature Height: 2-3 Feet · Mature Spread: 3-4 Feet
Buy African Night Pineapple Lily online. 'African Night' gets its name due to the color of the new leaves that emerge in early summer. They emerge a very dark burgundy, almost black in color. They fade to green over the summer months, but as this takes place, spikes of rosy pink flowers start to grow and tower above the foliage.
Family: Asparagaceae · Common Name: Pineapple Lily
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
AFRICAN NIGHT PINEAPPLE LILY Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Low Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Under Power Lines|
0 review(s) for AFRICAN NIGHT PINEAPPLE LILY
AFRICAN NIGHT PINEAPPLE LILY Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Eucomis is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About AFRICAN NIGHT PINEAPPLE LILY
Pineapple Lilies are native to South Africa and they get their name due to the inflorescence at the top of the flower scape, as it looks like the tropical fruit.
Pineapple Lilies are very late to emerge from dormancy, and may not emerge from the soil until June.