Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Compact Growing
- Dwarf/Small Growing
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Hummingbirds
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Prefers Dry Soils
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Low Water Use
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Fall Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Cut Flowers
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Border Plant
- Rain Garden
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Buddleia is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Developed by Dr. Dennis Werner, director of the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University and a plant breeder in the NC State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Other varieties of low growing buddleia are promised for the future.
LO & BEHOLD® LILAC CHIP BUTTERFLY BUSH
PPAF CBRAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Lo & Behold® Lilac Chip Butterfly Bush online. Lilac Chip is a dwarf, seedless variety which reblooms until frost without deadheading. It has soft, lavender-pink flowers and is more compact than 'Blue Chip'.
Common Name: Butterfly Bush
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
(6 units for review on 3/1/19)
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.17 gallons / 12 liters)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.