Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - Low Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
- Dwarf/Small Growing
- Compact Growing
- Deer Resistant
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Low Water Use
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Dry Soils
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Fall Flowering
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Border Plant
- Rain Garden
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Cut Flowers
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Buddleia is easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
Developed by Dr. Dennis Werner, director of the JC Raulston Arboretum at NC State University and a plant breeder in the NC State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Other varieties of low growing buddleia are promised for the future.
LO & BEHOLD® LILAC CHIP BUTTERFLY BUSH
PPAF CBRAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Lo & Behold® Lilac Chip Butterfly Bush online. Lilac Chip is a dwarf, seedless variety which reblooms until frost without deadheading. It has soft, lavender-pink flowers and is more compact than 'Blue Chip'.
Common Name: Butterfly Bush
Butterfly Bush is covered by our Arrival Only Guarantee only as they are prone to root rot due to overwatering and poorly draining soils.
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(12 units available now - S)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Add to Cart
Root Pouch 3 gallon
(3.06 gallons / 11.6 liters)
(0 units available now)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Grown in Root Pouch®.