- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
- Cut Flowers
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
- Rain Garden
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Iris is easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best possible start, we send a free packet of slow release fertilizer to include when planting.
Irises will not tolerate "wet feet" (too much water will cause the rhizomes to rot) and require very well-drained soil at all times of the year. Irises are generally heavy feeders and should be fertilized 3 times per year: first in the spring when new growth appears, second right after blooming, and third in the fall. When planting them for the first time or when transplanting, use a no-nitrogen fertilizer such as 0-10-10 worked into the soil.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE IRIS
'Saturday Night Live'
Buy Saturday Night Live Iris online. Has mammoth ruby red flowers of superb substance and velvety texture. The sturdy stems and excellent branching produce and abundance of blooms.
Common Name: Iris
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)