Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
NELLIE R. STEVENS HOLLY
Ilex x 'Nellie R. Stevens'
Buy Nellie R. Stevens Holly online. A hybrid between I. aquifolium and I. cornuta. Nelli R. Stevens grows into a large dense broadleaf evergreen shrub. Easy to trained into a small tree. Inconspicuous small greenish-white flowers appear in spring. Followed by abundant bright red berries appear fall and persist through winter.
Hardiness Zone: 6-9 · Mature Height: 15-25 Feet · Mature Spread: 10-12 Feet
Purchase NELLIE R. STEVENS HOLLY Online:
7 gallon Potted
(3 units available now - G) -
List Price $225.00 In Stock
3 gallon Potted
(0 units available now) -
List Price $80.00
15 gallon Potted
(0 units available now) - pick up only
List Price $325.00
Family: Aquafoliaceae · Common Name: Holly / Winterberry
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
NELLIE R. STEVENS HOLLY Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - High Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
Leaf Color Fall*
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Cuttings or Divisions|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
1 review(s) for NELLIE R. STEVENS HOLLY
NELLIE R. STEVENS HOLLY Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Ilex is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Interesting Notes About NELLIE R. STEVENS HOLLY
Dr. Carl Whitcomb calls this "An amazingly durable and tolerant holly that thrives under a wide range of conditions. Especially drought-resistant and a prolific producer of bright red berries."