Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Fleming Filligree Hibiscus
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Hardy Hibiscus are easy to grow, and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
The Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus is the work of three brothers from Lincoln, Nebraska. 50 years of hybridizing has brought us this fantastic array of beautiful yet hardy (to -30 degrees) group of perennials.
For more info on Fleming Hybrid Plants click here
ROYAL GEMS FLEMING™ HARDY HIBISCUS
Hibiscus x moscheutos
PP11011 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Royal Gems Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus online. Solid purple leaves cup under to give a puffed appearance. Pink flowers up to 12" compliment the foliage nicely.. Note: Hardy Hibiscus will die back to the ground every winter and emerge from the ground in mid to late spring. Remove old canes to the ground in mid winter.If you purchase our potted Hardy Hibiscus when dormant (September - May) you will receive a one to two year old healthy potted root system. The top cut off to allow new shoots to grow in mid to late spring.
Common Name: Althea / Rose of Sharon / Hardy Hibiscus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(0 units available now)
Arrival Only Guarantee
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(8 units available now - S)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Add to Cart