Image property of and used with permission from Walters Gardens
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Dark Pink
- Hot Pink/Fuchsia
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Althea is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
A Top 100 Plant
INNER GLOW HARDY HIBISCUS
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Inner Glow Hibiscus online. This rosy perennial has a unique petal pattern that is unexpected for a Hardy Hibiscus! Rich rosy pink flowers have a lavender purple halo surrounding the bright red center. Massive, dinner plate-sized flowers cover the olive green leaves from mid to late summer. Leaf color and flower performance are best in full sun. Note: Hardy Hibiscus will die back to the ground every winter and emerge from the ground in mid to late spring. Remove old canes to the ground in mid winter.If you purchase our potted Hardy Hibiscus when dormant (September - May) you will receive a one to two year old healthy potted root system. The top cut off to allow new shoots to grow in mid to late spring.
Common Name: Althea / Rose of Sharon / Hardy Hibiscus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(-2 units available now)
(25 units for review on 5/15/22)