Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Light Pink
- Attracts Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Northern States
- Prefers Dappled Shade in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Wildlife Habitat
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Bletilla is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Divide approximately every four years to promote . Remove seed pods and groom to remove unsightly foliage as needed. Best performance is in consistently moist soil.
In Japan the species is called shi-ran, meaning purple orchid. In China it's known as pai chi. But popular gardening references have named this plant the Chinese ground orchid.
HARDY CHINESE ORCHID
Buy Hardy Chinese Orchid online. Red-brown leaves on strong stems that hold bright flower clusters.
Common Name: Hardy Orchid
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)
Root Pouch 1 gallon
(1.0 gallons / 3.8 liters)
(0 units available now)
Grown in Root Pouch®.