Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Border Plant
- Erosion Control
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Grasses are easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
This species cannot be shipped to Kansas
HOT ROD SWITCH GRASS
PP26074 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Hot Rod Switch Grass online. 'Hot Rod' starts with blue-green foliage that rapidly changes into full-throttle deep red. Red-purple panicles emerge in midsummer. Reaches 3.5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. Excellent choice for mass plantings.
Common Name: Switch Grass
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(50 units available now - R)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(300 units available now - R)
Add to Cart