- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Purple/Brilliant Purple
- Red/Brilliant Red
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Southern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Tolerates Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Tolerates Full Sun in Northern States
- Understory Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Mass Planting
- Landscape Specimen
- Erosion Control
- Border Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Accent Plant
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Grasses are easy to grow, and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
This species cannot be shipped to Kansas
HEAVY METAL SWITCH GRASS
Buy Heavy Metal Switch Grass online. Glaucous-blue leaves and a strong upright form create a formal appearance, softened only by its delicate seed heads. Tolerates a wide range of soil conditions.
Common Name: Switch Grass
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(2256 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(206 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(2055 units available now - G)
Add to Cart
5 gallon Potted
(4.10 gallons / 15.55 liters)
(0 units available now)