Image Property of Sooner Plant Farm, Inc.
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Understory Planting
- Rock Gardens
- Erosion Control
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Border Plant
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Grasses are easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
EBONY KNIGHT BLACK MONDO GRASS
Buy Ebony Knight Black Mondo Grass
online. This black leafed grass like plant, is truly the cats meow. Not really a true grass, but who cares.New leaves emerge very dark green and quickly turn almost black. Small pink blooms are produced in summer followed by black berries. Prized by every gardener that has it, and envied by those that don't. Although, Black Mondo is easy to grow, it is quite slow. That makes this plant worth more per square foot than most other plants. Perfect to scatter around the landscape, plant in masses, or as a border plant. Plant with yellow foliaged plants like golden moneywort or Lime Ricky Coral Bells for an amazing contrast. Prefers moist well drained soil and shade, but it will tolerate most semi shady locations. No serious pest or diseases.
Common Name: Mondo Grass
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
(0.62qrt / .59 liters)
(11 units available now - S)
Add to Cart
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(24 units available now - S)
Add to Cart