Courtesy of Walters Gardens
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Moderate Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Border Plant
- Erosion Control
- Under Power Lines
- Rock Gardens
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Grasses are easy to grow and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
PRAIRIE WINDS® DESERT PLAINS FOUNTAIN GRASS
PP20751 Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Prairie Winds® Desert Plains Fountain Grass online. A seedling of 'Cassian' discovered by Gary Trucks of Amber Wave Gardens in West Michigan. It has an improved habit, performance, and fall color, over 'Cassian' and 'Hameln'. The finely textured, green leaves form a beautiful upright vase-shaped clump. Beginning in midsummer, the tips of the foliage begin to turn deep red and the entire clump transitions to shades of orange and gold in fall. Showy, large 5in. long, tan colored bottlebrush plumes are produced in early fall, about 2 weeks later than 'Cassian'.
Common Name: Fountain Grass
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)