Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Out of Stock
Check back regularly for updated inventory.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
Hardiness Zone: 6-8 · Mature Height: 10-15 Feet · Mature Spread: 8-10 Feet
Buy Franklin Tree online. Franklin Tree is a rare and uncommon tree, and it has a very rich legendary history. It is named for the Altamaha River in Georgia and Benjamin Franklin, and has been naturally extinct in the wild since the 19th century. It is known for its fragrant white flowers, that resemble camellias, that are produced in fall. Often confused with Gordlinia and Gordonia, but unlike these, it is a deciduous tree in the winter. Fall color is red to maroon.
Family: Theaceae · Common Name: Franklin Tree
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
FRANKLIN TREE Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Moderate Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - High Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - High Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Low Resistance|
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Near Water Gardens or Ponds|
0 review(s) for FRANKLIN TREE
FRANKLIN TREE Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Franklinia is very easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
Interesting Notes About FRANKLIN TREE
It is not known why this tree became extinct in the wild, but theories consist of fire, flooding, and human interaction for the causes.