- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Prefers Full Shade in Northern States
- Prefers Full Shade in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Mass Planting
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Ferns prefer shade and moist well draining soil. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Ferns have shown resistance to deer foraging, which makes them a good choice for shade gardens.
DIXIE WOOD FERN
Dryopteris x australis
'Dixie Wood Fern'
Buy Dixie Wood Fern online.A spectacular fern with tall erect growth and dark green fronds. Semi-evergreen and clumping
Common Name: Fern
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(0 units available now)