Image courtesy of North Creek Nursery
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Bees
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Drought Tolerant
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Spring Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Summer Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Cut Flowers
- Rock Gardens
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Baptisia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
****For more info about this species and it's uses click here.****
TWILITE PRAIRIEBLUES® FALSE INDIGO
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Twilite Prairieblues® False Indigo online. Twilite Prairieblues is the first introduction from the Baptisia breeding program conducted by Dr. Jim Ault at the Chicago Botanic Garden in Glencoe, Illinois. The australis x sphaerocarpa cross has brought us a very strong and production friendly plant with excellent hybrid vigor. By the third year these plants produce almost 100 flower spikes of unique deep violet-purple flowers highlighted by a lemon-yellow keel. Held above the handsome foliage, the inflorescences can be up to 32 inches long!
Common Name: Wild Indigo / False Indigo
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Root Pouch 1 gallon
(1.0 gallons / 3.8 liters)
(8 units available now - S)
Grown in Root Pouch®.
Add to Cart