Image property of and used with permission from Walter's Gardens
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Drought Tolerant
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
- Rock Gardens
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Landscape Specimen
- Cut Flowers
- Under Power Lines
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Baptisia is easy to grow and adapts to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
****For more info about this species and it's uses click here.****
DECADENCE® VANILLA CREAM FALSE INDIGO
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Decadence® Vanilla Cream False Indigo online. Selected for its petite size and unique flowers, this cultivated perennial fits easily into today's suburban landscapes. Newly emerging spring foliage has a beautiful bronze cast which contrasts nicely with other spring green perennials planted nearby. As the foliage matures, it lightens to grey-green and forms a well-branched, full, rounded clump. Ten inch long spikes of pastel yellow buds open to creamy vanilla colored flowers from late spring into early summer. Seed pods begin to develop immediately after the plant is finished flowering, deepening in color and persisting into fall. This easy care, drought tolerant, deer resistant perennial is an excellent choice for gardeners looking for low maintenance or native perennials.
Common Name: Wild Indigo / False Indigo
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Eco gallon Potted
(2.64 qrts / 2.51 liters)
(61 units available now - S)
Add to Cart