- Fleming Filligree Hibiscus
- Attracts Butterflies
- Attracts Hummingbirds
Preferred Soil Conditions*
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Under Power Lines
- Landscape Specimen
- Accent Plant
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Plant in full sun everywhere but the South where afternoon shade is beneficial. Water in well when planted with or without fertilizer and let it dry out 4 inches down between watering as it is a dwarf and compact plant that requires less water and thrives on it.
Hardy Hibiscus are easy to grow, and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
The Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus is the work of three brothers from Lincoln, Nebraska. 50 years of hybridizing has brought us this fantastic array of beautiful yet hardy (to -30 degrees) group of perennials.
For more info on Fleming Hybrid Plants click here
SMALL WONDER DWARF FLEMING™ HARDY HIBISCUS
Hibiscus x moscheutos
'Dwarf Small Wonder'
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Small Wonder Dwarf Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus online. This is a breeding achievement from the nursery that has done the most hibiscus breeding, hands down. It has the darkest purple leaves of any of our hibiscus and the most streaks and markings of any of our flowers. The white flowers are inundated with red patterned streaks and markings, even on the backsides of the flowers and buds. The compact, miniature size is complimentary to any landscape, plant, or patio. Hardy to -30 degrees Fahrenheit.
Common Name: Althea / Rose of Sharon / Hardy Hibiscus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(13 units available now - S)
Arrival Only Guarantee
Add to Cart
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(0 units available now)