- Fleming Filligree Hibiscus
- Powdery Mildew - High Resistance
- Leaf Spot - High Resistance
- Root Rot - High Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - High Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Light Yellow/Brilliant Yellow
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Attracts Bees
- Attracts Butterflies
Preferred Planting Season*
- Summer Planting
- Spring Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Adapts Well to Wet Areas
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Summer Flowering
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Prefers Full Sun in Northern States
- Prefers Full Sun in Southern States
- Mass Planting
- Near Water Gardens or Ponds
- Landscape Specimen
- Under Power Lines
- Accent Plant
- Wildlife Habitat
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Plant in full sun everywhere but the South where afternoon shade is beneficial. Water in well when planted with or without fertilizer and let it dry out 4 inches down between watering as it is a dwarf and compact plant that requires less water and thrives on it.
Hardy Hibiscus are easy to grow, and adapt to most conditions. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.
To give your plant the best start possible, we include a free fertilizer packet.
The Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus is the work of three brothers from Lincoln, Nebraska. 50 years of hybridizing has brought us this fantastic array of beautiful yet hardy (to -30 degrees) group of perennials.
For more info on Fleming Hybrid Plants click here
SATELLITE DWARF FLEMING™ HARDY HIBISCUS
Hibiscus x moscheutos
PPAF Plant propagation prohibited
Buy Satellite Dwarf Fleming™ Hardy Hibiscus online. This is a huge advance in Hardy Hibiscus breeding and selection for the industry! Satellite is uniquely compact hardy hibiscus with compact leaves of a maple shape and with a purple coloration. Its flowers are magenta and mauve in color with light whitish veination. This plant is an exciting specimen plant in the landscape or patio pot. And of course its hardy to -30 Fahrenheit like all of the Fleming™ Hybrids. The flowers bloom from the top to the bottom of the plants (a Fleming invention) and regenerate quickly from Spring or Summer until mid to late Fall.
Common Name: Althea / Rose of Sharon / Hardy Hibiscus
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
2 gallon Potted
(1.87 gallons / 7.09 liters)
(0 units available now)
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)