Know Your Zone
Enter your zip code to look up your hardiness zone region.
PRAIRIE FIRE DOGWOOD
Cornus alba 'Prairie Fire'
These Units Are Currently Ready to Ship
These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
These Units Are Currently Growing On Our Farm
We are waiting for them to become ready to ship. These items can be added to your Shopping Cart.
Orders containing Online Pre-Order items will be scheduled to ship based on projected ready dates.
These Units Are Currently In Production
These items are currently in production and do not have a projected ready date at this time. These items cannot be added to your Shopping Cart.
Please call to pre-order (918) 453-0771.
3 gallon Potted
(325 units - G) Available Now - Details -
List Price $80.00 In Stock
Hardiness Zone: 3-8 · Mature Height: 5-6 Feet · Mature Spread: 5-6 Feet
Buy Prairie Fire Dogwood online. Prairie Fire Dogwood features creamy-white flowers that appear in late spring, followed by white berries in mid-summer. It is covered in bright golden leaves that fade to a soft yellow and then turn red in fall. Red to orange-red stems provide excellent winter interest.
Family: Cornaceae · Common Name: Dogwood
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-applied, pre-measured amount of time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for up to one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
PRAIRIE FIRE DOGWOOD Plant Characteristics
|•||Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance|
|•||Leaf Spot - Low Resistance|
|•||Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance|
|•||Root Rot - Moderate Resistance|
Leaf Color Spring*
Leaf Color Summer*
Preferred Soil Conditions*
|•||Adapts Well to Most Soil Types|
|•||Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)|
|•||Cuttings or Divisions|
Season of Interest*
|•||Late Spring/Early Summer|
|•||Late Summer/Early Autumn|
|•||Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States|
|•||Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States|
|•||Under Power Lines|
1 review(s) for PRAIRIE FIRE DOGWOOD
PRAIRIE FIRE DOGWOOD Homeowner Growing & Maintenance Tips
Cornus is fairly easy to grow and adapts well to most conditions. Plant in a location with some afternoon shade in the southern states. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer.