Courtesy of Bailey Nurseries
- Root Rot - Moderate Resistance
- Leaf Scorch - Low Resistance
- Powdery Mildew - Low Resistance
- Leaf Spot - Low Resistance
Leaf Color Fall*
- Dark Yellow/Gold
- Red/Brilliant Red
- Orange/Brilliant Orange
- Attracts Birds
- Deer Resistant
Preferred Planting Season*
- Spring Planting
- Fall Planting
- Summer Planting
Preferred Soil Conditions*
- Salt Tolerant
- Adapts Well to Most Soil Types
- Tolerates Low pH (Acidic Soils)
- Prefers Low pH (Acidic Soils)
Season of Interest*
- Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Early Spring
- Late Spring/Early Summer
- Spring Flowering
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Northern States
- Prefers Morning Sun Only in Southern States
- Accent Plant
- Landscape Specimen
- Mass Planting
- Under Power Lines
- Understory Planting
Homeowner Growing & Maintenance
Cornus is fairly easy to grow and adapts well to most conditions. Plant in a location with some afternoon shade in the southern states. Feed once a year with a slow release fertilizer. To give your plant the best start possible, we include free fertilizer with every order.
Nothing to display.
Buy Cayenne™ Dogwood online. Cayenne™ Dogwood is a true stand out cultivar because the bright red stems shine all winter, even in the south. Its fresh green foliage looks good all summer and it sports porcelain blue berries in late summer. Plants spread by suckers and have good orange-red fall color. It has been found to be Japanese beetle resistant in Georgia. Disease resistant. Like its cousins, Cayenne™ is well-suited to moist areas and is good in shrub borders, massed in moist areas and for wetland mitigation.
Common Name: Dogwood
FREE with every plant purchased:
- The Sooner Guarantee: For details, click here!
- A pre-measured amount of Polyon® Best-Paks time release fertilizer that keeps your plant well nourished for one year.
- Pre-hydrated Hydro-Gels are included in the top of each container to use when planting as they help retain soil moisture, and plants will establish more quickly with less transplant shock. Plants will also survive drought-like conditions and accidental missed waterings better.
- Planting and Care Instruction brochure.
- Catalogs of new and exciting plant brands, such as Garden Debut® and Proven Winners®.
We use and recommend www.dripdepot.com for our irrigation needs, from simple to install micro and drip systems, to commercial grade irrigation parts and supplies.
Jumbo gallon Potted
(4.04 qrts / 3.82 liters)
(0 units available now)
3 gallon Potted
(2.90 gallons / 11.0 liters)
(0 units available now)